• Закрытая тема Тема закрыта
Сообщений в теме: 1509

Madina_LA

Madina_LA
  • Случайный прохожий
  • 4 сообщений

Book Club

Reading in English

I and my friend decided to create a book club where everyone, who loves (or can) reading in English could practice their English, participate in discussions of interesting books that we will read, develop their vocabulary skills, and just enjoy stimulating conversations in English and pleasant company.

We will be reading modern American and English literature. We have already chosen the first book that we will read. You will not need to purchase any books or material for the meeting.Everything will be provided. We will be meeting once a week.

The only requirement we have is that your level of English should be upper-intermediate. If you do not know how good your English is, we can give you a sample text and see if you are able to understand it. For those who think their English is perfect and there is no need for them to develop it, our book club could become just a hobby as we will be reading books that could teach us about other cultures and experiences.

If you are interested in joining our club or need more information please message me. :-)

Hope to see you all )))

Hi ! Good idea!
Where and when will it take place?
thank you in advance

For more information please email me at madina_la@yahoo.com
the first meeting should take place within this upcoming week.

Дина!!!

Дина!!!
  • Гость
  • 11 сообщений
научите меня английскому))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Agora

Agora
  • Постоялец
  • 320 сообщений
Hi there,

It sounds like an interesting idea(English Club). I am personally interested in self-development or self-empowerment subject. I wonder if we can join our efforts in English mastery through personal development. We can even provide office facilities for free (in Microdistrict 9)..... Interested? Please read more about us at www.ils.agora.kz

all the best,

ILS :-)

tima7

tima7
  • Читатель
  • 811 сообщений

-))) thanks to God, you have found something,

kill me, it is your guys nature, I did not write "i am the best", I just offered to assist each other to be better (me including)

I did not insult and disparage anyone, but your wild aggressiveness and ambitions try to do it with me, I don't care, i lived without this "club" and I will.

I don't have English language degree, but I am sure that my English is much better than numbers of people with special university degree in English.

you found one word and was happy to destroy me...-)))) what is that complexes?? or what?

I am out of all these, the rest save for yourself.

goodbye.

Good day! I see you are very expressive nature.I like persone like you.
May be we can communicate by phone or mail in order to have verbal practise together or even more.thanks

tima7

tima7
  • Читатель
  • 811 сообщений

Book Club
Reading in English
If you are interested in joining our club or need more information please message me. :-)

Your private message option isn't working. So we can't send you messages. Probably you need to write more posts so that your private message gets activated.

People were able to email me at madina_la@yahoo.com
Maybe you should try that too. ;-)))

I email info on this address and havent received answer yet :cry:

kazakh_bala

kazakh_bala
  • Гость
  • 6 сообщений

Hi guys! Come away from all the bickering and join us at YES! for some healthy discussion at our saturday club about bad language and how to diss.
Three to five. Be there or be square! Address is the same, so is the phone.

Be there or be square :)
this one is a handy saying :))))

WhiteEnergy

WhiteEnergy
  • Гость
  • 5 сообщений
Hi Guys,
Check it out: www.englishclubastana.kz
It's absolutely free club(meaning there are no entrance fees and you don't have to pay to practise your english there)
Cheers

WhiteEnergy

WhiteEnergy
  • Гость
  • 5 сообщений

How many times a week do you meet? Only once? Are there many native speakers in your English Club?

I also second murathan's and Ashanti's quetion: Is there any english club in astana at all?

edit: sorry for seemingly dumb and repetitive questions; I just didn't want to read the thread from its very beginning.

I think there is a one club in Astana,but you have to pay 500 tenge each time when you want to join it and the duration is limited(only one hour)I think the club is in Studyinn company. Personally,for me one hour per week is not enough since I feel that I am losing my english skill while being in Kz. So guys,if you feel that you are at the same boat and you are keen to practise,debate,discuss and just think in english language,then feel free to talk to me 'cause I am also looking for the like-minded people or just visit www.englishclubastana.kz
p.s: I've just created this page without considering design and because of my need, so don't be too rude )))
Cheers.

Толстушка

Толстушка
  • Постоялец
  • 372 сообщений
We are looking for an English speaking volunteer (British, American and etc.) preferably with an English speaking child to organize a free English Club for 6-8 year old local kids with intermediate (for their age) level of English. If you are interested to have this kind of hobby or want to get more local friends for your child and improve your Russian, please contact me!
P.S. We also have an English Students Theatre for kids.

Fallon

Fallon
  • В доску свой
  • 1 141 сообщений

I think there is a one club in Astana,but you have to pay 500 tenge each time when you want to join it and the duration is limited(only one hour)I think the club is in Studyinn company. Personally,for me one hour per week is not enough since I feel that I am losing my english skill while being in Kz. So guys,if you feel that you are at the same boat and you are keen to practise,debate,discuss and just think in english language,then feel free to talk to me 'cause I am also looking for the like-minded people or just visit www.englishclubastana.kz
p.s: I've just created this page without considering design and because of my need, so don't be too rude )))
Cheers.

Good luck with that :lol: If you want to keep your english, read and watch english-language media sources, talking to people with broken english won't help, on the contrary, it'll harm your speaking because you'll pick up accent. At least that's what I feel when I spend time with non-native speakers. Although our Russian-like accent does sound a lot better than many others (indian accent is just plain awful lol)

K_Marlenka

K_Marlenka
  • Гость
  • 16 сообщений
I rang today to Yes club to find out about tomorrow. They told me the topic would be about environment. Anyone in?

Юрский период

Юрский период
  • Постоялец
  • 361 сообщений
Does anybody know an E club with native speaker in the center?

Madina_LA

Madina_LA
  • Случайный прохожий
  • 4 сообщений
Hi,

I have answered to every email I received. I do not know why I have not received your message. Unfortunately, we have already opened the club and have been reading our first book. We cannot accept new people at the moment. Send your phone number to my email (madina_la@yahoo.com), I will call you once we start a new book.

Book Club
Reading in English

Your private message option isn't working. So we can't send you messages. Probably you need to write more posts so that your private message gets activated.

People were able to email me at madina_la@yahoo.com
Maybe you should try that too. ;-)))

I email info on this address and havent received answer yet :cry:

WhiteEnergy

WhiteEnergy
  • Гость
  • 5 сообщений

Cheers.

Good luck with that :lol: If you want to keep your english, read and watch english-language media sources, talking to people with broken english won't help, on the contrary, it'll harm your speaking because you'll pick up accent. At least that's what I feel when I spend time with non-native speakers. Although our Russian-like accent does sound a lot better than many others (indian accent is just plain awful lol)

Hi Fallon,
Thank you for cheering me up.
Actually, I've been through all those experiences that you just mentioned above and somehow, to my own suprpise, I survived ))
I am not claiming that I am better in eng than other english learners from KZ, but I certainly do believe that you can learn better by teaching to others. In my perception, teaching involves equal relationship between participants and there are no teachers and no students.It involves talking,debating,discussing and other self-improving activities that would make you think in english at least for the first time being in the club(not like in other many kz schools where simple boring activities being repeated everytime.it would rather make you dumb than literate).
Also, I am not expecting that someone is going to teach me english.Look around you and just try to see what you are looking at: first, do you really think that someone is willing to teach you eng no matter how cool you are in english? Third, for those who claims that someone should teach them english: isn't that a stupid idea to expect that someone can teach you english? I mean how far you must be dumb to claim such words ) though it may come from their lazyiness though they are not realizing it )).if you could learn just by putting usb flascards into your brain ,it would be another story )
The last one, most people can only criticize and judge others though they are unaware of the fact that they are looking at their own reflections.
With love,
WhiteEnergy

Inna.Kim

Inna.Kim
  • Гость
  • 32 сообщений
Is there English (speaking) Club in Almaty? Please send me any information you have, it doesn't matter if it's free or not.

JCS

JCS
  • Завсегдатай
  • 158 сообщений
Вот список мест проведения English Clubs in Almaty. Please feel free to add any missing information on other clubs...

1) Interpress языковой центр, еженедельно, 3 офиса в городе, расписание проведения встреч можно посмотреть на сайте www.ih.kz или позвонить по тел. 2584841/2. Регистрация и оплата 400 тенге.

2) Yes Club Samal 1, д.33, ул. Фурманова/Жолдасбекова, напротив Рамстора, тел. 2626259, раз в 2 недели, 500 тенге

3) МАБ, раз в месяц, бесплатно, тел 2783240 (кафедра языков), следущая встреча планировалась на 15 марта, но надо позвонить предварительно

4) КИМЭП, раз в неделю.

5) Study Inn, Бизнес центр "Конрад", возле ночного клуба New Stars, по субботам

vzyatka

vzyatka
  • Читатель
  • 57 сообщений
есть еще адреса English Clubs??

Maya

Maya
  • В доску свой
  • 1 039 сообщений
в эту субботу будет инглиш клаб в YES Club-e????

Bauka444

Bauka444
  • Завсегдатай
  • 202 сообщений

нет, не будет. На следущий неделе.
Хочу поделится впечетленеми на счет клуба, был на прошлой неделе. Алистер классный мужик, очень интересно проводит, разказывает всякие интересные истории. Что не понравилось, помещение мальенкое, было много народу. И главный минус всего 1 раз за 2 недели. Главный плюс цена! Очень приемлемо!

Сообщение отредактировал Bauka444: 17.03.2011, 23:01:05

Tries to be *perfect*

Tries to be *perfect*
  • Частый гость
  • 54 сообщений

А где проводится English club?! Хочу присоединиться к вам!!!

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 1

пользователей: 0, неизвестных прохожих: 1, скрытых пользователей: 0

Размещение рекламы на сайте     Предложения о сотрудничестве     Служба поддержки пользователей

© 2011-2022 vse.kz. При любом использовании материалов Форума ссылка на vse.kz обязательна.