• Закрытая тема Тема закрыта
Сообщений в теме: 1509

Madina_LA

Madina_LA
  • Случайный прохожий
  • 4 сообщений
Book Club

Reading in English

I and my friend decided to create a book club where everyone, who loves (or can) reading in English could practice their English, participate in discussions of interesting books that we will read, develop their vocabulary skills, and just enjoy stimulating conversations in English and pleasant company.

We will be reading modern American and English literature. We have already chosen the first book that we will read. You will not need to purchase any books or material for the meeting.Everything will be provided. We will be meeting once a week.

The only requirement we have is that your level of English should be upper-intermediate. If you do not know how good your English is, we can give you a sample text and see if you are able to understand it. For those who think their English is perfect and there is no need for them to develop it, our book club could become just a hobby as we will be reading books that could teach us about other cultures and experiences.

If you are interested in joining our club or need more information please message me. :-)

Hope to see you all )))

V_I_N_N_I

V_I_N_N_I
  • Завсегдатай
  • 239 сообщений
hi guys,
i read a few messages and found out that there are some mistakes in sentences' structure.

so, my suggestions is: if it is English Club subjected discussion, maybe we will make the corrections in previous messages and it will help us altogether to improve our grammar in writing and in general English as well.

so, what do you think?

Fallon

Fallon
  • В доску свой
  • 1 141 сообщений

hi guys,
i read a few messages and found out that there are some mistakes in sentences' structure.

so, my suggestions is: if it is English Club subjected discussion, maybe we will make the corrections in previous messages and it will help us altogether to improve our grammar in writing and in general English as well.

so, what do you think?

Care to start with your own message?

Ромей

Ромей
  • В доску свой
  • 1 021 сообщений

I have met french men 4 days ago
He is traveller and crazy
we were meeting every day, and we were going to the mountains and Koktube by bycicle
have speaking very well, because for speaking you are trying and it is so eas

Ye, i agree with you if you need improve your languages skills, you need speak in this language

unknown_forget_me_not_

unknown_forget_me_not_
  • никто
Following to V_I_N_N_I 's suggestion

Ye, i agree with you if you need improve your languages skills, you need speak in this language

need to improve/need to speak (I'd rather say 'must' :cool: or at least 'should')

Сообщение отредактировал forget_me_not: 29.08.2010, 23:26:01

V_I_N_N_I

V_I_N_N_I
  • Завсегдатай
  • 239 сообщений

hi guys,

so, what do you think?

Care to start with your own message?

I agree, dear, let's start.
your comments and corrections please.

frankly speaking I did not understand your "Care" here. I will appreciate for your explanation.

Сообщение отредактировал V_I_N_N_I: 29.08.2010, 23:44:01

V_I_N_N_I

V_I_N_N_I
  • Завсегдатай
  • 239 сообщений
please, the corrections should not be followed by fun or be derided.

nobody is expert here (me included) so, let's improve our language together.

unknown_forget_me_not_

unknown_forget_me_not_
  • никто
If you mean my post, there was no derision :D
I'd love to have a nice English chat here ... but don't know how to start :-) :cool:

T.UZ

T.UZ
  • Завсегдатай
  • 166 сообщений
Hi all! Does anybody want to talk / discuss about new moovies. For example - "Avatar. Special Version". If anybody has already seen it, please, could you share your impressions on it :dandy:

V_I_N_N_I

V_I_N_N_I
  • Завсегдатай
  • 239 сообщений
I saw Avatar, 3D, but I did not hear about the "Special version", what is it? new avatar or the same one with new effects?

I liked this movie, in 3D was great to watch, I really enjoyed.

fantastic effects, beautiful nature background and colors.

are we talking about the same movie or special version is the different one?

unknown_forget_me_not_

unknown_forget_me_not_
  • никто
Hi ya

T.UZ , I googled the movie and found out smth about "Avatar. Special Edition".
It seems that Avatar watched by V_I_N_N_I is the same one you're talking about.
BTW I watched it in 3D as well but I didn't like it that much. It was too long for me :( :laugh: what about you?

T.UZ

T.UZ
  • Завсегдатай
  • 166 сообщений
V_I_N_N_I / forget_me_not,

Thanks for your comments and questions above.

I have seen "Avatar 3D". That's very fantastic moovie and one of the best in these year (in my opinion). But I have not seen "Avatar. Special Edition" yet (it is also 3D and since 26.08.10 in KZ). Indeed, you are right that we are talking about the same moovie, but some new episodes are uncluded into the last one.

So I have googled some web sites today as well. The rating is about 90% in general :rotate:

Wanna see that, but currently I am not in Kazakhstan and have no any chance to downlowad :-/

Сообщение отредактировал T.UZ: 01.09.2010, 00:04:38

unknown_forget_me_not_

unknown_forget_me_not_
  • никто
I see.
To say the truth I am not keen on movies so if you didn't tell us about 'A.SE' I wouldn't know about it :laugh: Thank you very much :rolleyes:

Wow. The rating is really high :rotate: However, as I mentioned before, I found "Avatar 3d" TOO LONG. So it's hard to imagine what kind of 'some new episodes' are included in "Special Edition"))) Looks like the film director wants people spend whole day in cinema watching "special Edition", huh :laugh:

In addition, some prople suppose that Avatar 3d is overrated. What do you think about it?

LuF

LuF
  • Свой человек
  • 764 сообщений
Hi! let me join!=)))
i think it's a bad idea to create a special version "Avatar", because this film showed in the cinema so long..... and people are tired of this film :laugh:
Well.. read the comments to this special version at the kino.kz =)
please, correct me if you see an error :D

V_I_N_N_I

V_I_N_N_I
  • Завсегдатай
  • 239 сообщений
Really I cannot participate in the discussion, because I saw this movie in March maybe earlier, I don't remember (it was in one African country-)) and if the "special edition" is new, latest one, I did not see it. I don't know the difference, but the one I saw , I liked very much. it is something new,

Fallon

Fallon
  • В доску свой
  • 1 141 сообщений

please, the corrections should not be followed by fun or be derided.

nobody is expert here (me included) so, let's improve our language together.

It's no fun to read your broken english, that's for sure.

Fallon

Fallon
  • В доску свой
  • 1 141 сообщений

I agree, dear, let's start.
your comments and corrections please.

frankly speaking I did not understand your "Care" here. I will appreciate for your explanation.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you don't even know such basic things. What I don't understand is why can't you be bothered to look it up?

Сообщение отредактировал Fallon: 01.09.2010, 02:46:25

Fallon

Fallon
  • В доску свой
  • 1 141 сообщений

Wanna see that, but currently I am not in Kazakhstan and have no any chance to downlowad :-/

Why don't you go to the movie theater instead?

V_I_N_N_I

V_I_N_N_I
  • Завсегдатай
  • 239 сообщений
Fallon-))

you are a little bit aggressive-)). relax dude-))) i did not do anything and really I don't understand your reaction-))

but anyway:

my broken English gave me opportunity to do my MBA in UK + 1 more diploma and 2 international certificates as well in UK.

and as an addition 8 years expat work experience overseas in international oil company.-)))) manager position-)))) (aaa I forgot + I have 3 more foreign languages in my pot-))) I am not suffering due to my Broken English....

let's see what you will have with your classic and correct English )))))) and where you are going-)) hope you have more than I have -))))))))

anyway you are avoiding to answer my question about "Care", I'd like to learn the basic things, if you don't mind-)))

Fallon

Fallon
  • В доску свой
  • 1 141 сообщений

anyway you are avoiding to answer my question about "Care", I'd like to learn the basic things, if you don't mind-)))

Yet again, may I direct your attention to google? :rolleyes:

As for the rest of your tirade, whatever, dude, this is not an e-peen competition, so don't be such a-hole and try to start it, you gonna lose it anyways :cool:

Сообщение отредактировал Fallon: 01.09.2010, 03:48:28

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 1

пользователей: 0, неизвестных прохожих: 1, скрытых пользователей: 0

Размещение рекламы на сайте     Предложения о сотрудничестве     Служба поддержки пользователей

© 2011-2022 vse.kz. При любом использовании материалов Форума ссылка на vse.kz обязательна.