- - - - -

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 947

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

Miscommunicating, misunderstanding, bla-bla-bla...
Imho, it's all cuz of english is too poor

кстати, они сами это знают
несколько раз слышал от native speakers that they think English is
1) poor
2) stupid language

They also know about "Великий и могучий" and often ask me it
And now I'm understanding that it is really "Великий и могучий"

Серьезно

IMHO English is not poor; it?s just very functional, which makes it relatively easy to learn. Have you tried to learn French, for example? What a f%%king pain in the arse!! Have you seen any foreigners trying to learn Russian? I once tried to explain some of the Russian grammar to an English-speaker and understood what a pain it was for him to learn Russian.

I would rather deal with occasional miscommunication problems than with a too_sophisticated_language, such as French.

ScarabeY

ScarabeY
  • В доску свой
  • 1 168 сообщений

Miscommunicating, misunderstanding, bla-bla-bla...
Imho, it's all cuz of english is too poor

кстати, они сами это знают
несколько раз слышал от native speakers that they think English is
1) poor
2) stupid language

They also know about "Великий и могучий" and often ask me it
And now I'm understanding that it is really "Великий и могучий"

Серьезно

IMHO English is not poor; it?s just very functional, which makes it relatively easy to learn. Have you tried to learn French, for example? What a f%%king pain in the arse!! Have you seen any foreigners trying to learn Russian? I once tried to explain some of the Russian grammar to an English-speaker and understood what a pain it was for him to learn Russian.

I would rather deal with occasional miscommunication problems than with a too_sophisticated_language, such as French.

Agreed

But comparing with Russian it's poor
On another hand there is no ways to learn Russian other then born in russian-speaking country
no rules, only exceptions...

ST.IN_GERm

ST.IN_GERm
  • Свой человек
  • 740 сообщений
I am confused a bit... Can anyone help? The problem is to determine the level of my English. Anyone here knows good(and trusted) online test?

Some info on standarts/rules/traditions of writing CV would be appreciated, too. For example they say "Английский разговорный". Is it meant, that man who knows "разговорный"(spoken) knows written English as well? Or do they mean, that they know only spoken, hardly understanding written language?

ST.IN_GERm

ST.IN_GERm
  • Свой человек
  • 740 сообщений

French is too difficult? You must be kidding. May be it is a bit strange to start talking on a new language, but French itself is relatively(compared to Russian, Spanish for example) easy to learn. The reason why I haven't learn it in school was teachers(always women) crazy about France and Paris in particular... Once, I and my classmate had counted 17(!!) pictures of Eiffel Tower in our small classroom... Interesting fact - there were 4 boys and 8 girls in our subgroup and in the end of French course girls knew French starting at near-intermediate ending at upper-intermediate level, male part - at the beginner at best...

Молот Ведьм

Молот Ведьм
  • Частый гость
  • 68 сообщений
that's the point. French's grammar is more complicated (sophisticated) than English one. I've been learning French since NDP impressed me.
Found so many similarities between them! Sometimes it gives me better understanding of some english 'фенечек' (e.g. 'e' transcription as 'e' or 'i'). But probably I couldn't explain why 8)
IMHO actually French spoken language takes less effort to comprehed comparing to English. They are also different groups. 1st one is roman other one's german. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Молот Ведьм

Молот Ведьм
  • Частый гость
  • 68 сообщений
godda little riddle for ya, mates. =\

I've seen the discussion on one of the russian forum regarding the "правда" и "истина" definitions and assumptions. That discussion wouldn't even happend in English, would it? 8-)

*Medusa*

*Medusa*
  • Завсегдатай
  • 107 сообщений
Let me tell that in English 80% of borrowings from French. :-)

Anyway I do not want to argue, just I think everything depends only from you.

e.g. during our student life people from German dep't were so keen to learn English as a second language and they really did that. As for us, students from English dep't, we studied German just formally. May be because we did not need it.

I remember when one of my studentmate visited Germany only for 1 month, after that she started to learn Germany so zealously.

I tried to learn Korean 3 times (!), but alas, may be because I don't need this language. My mental approach to this. ;-)

Yes, as for Russian, this is the most difficult language, especially grammar: genders, endings etc.

To my mind English is the top language in the world, then I suppose Chinese and Spanish.

Молот Ведьм

Молот Ведьм
  • Частый гость
  • 68 сообщений

I am confused a bit... Can anyone help? The problem is to determine the level of my English. Anyone here knows good(and trusted) online test?

TOEFL =)

BTW, давиче, had passed the test (brought by English-Kazakh Center or smth. like that). Found couple of errors on it :-) Manager explained me that the questions and answers were prepared by natives =)

the first error had been just 'очепятка', but the 2d... here is the test's question:

You had better ___ harder.
1. work
2. to work
3. worked
4. blablabla

I'd chosen 2d. But the correct answer is 1st. Who explains why?

sin777

sin777
  • Частый гость
  • 52 сообщений
to: молот
как тута уже было сказано Англицкий удобный язык, грамматики минимум, функциональности максимум, правда сам незнаю его :-)

Молот Ведьм

Молот Ведьм
  • Частый гость
  • 68 сообщений

как тута уже было сказано Англицкий удобный язык, грамматики минимум, функциональности максимум, правда сам незнаю его ;-)

спасибо, что помогли с переводом :-)

по поводу "простоты". есть специальные форумы, где обсуждают как на "великом и могучем" грамотно перевести 'carrier'. Варианты ответов: "компаний, владеющих и занимающихся эксплуатацией средств (линий) передачи информации", "КОМПУПД", "курьер" =) и карриер =) что-то в этом роде))) А to whom it may concern... занесли в раздел риторики =]
удобный и простой. а уж какой полезный!!! 8888-)

Сообщение отредактировал Молот Ведьм: 15.07.2004, 10:54:12

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

как тута уже было сказано Англицкий удобный язык, грамматики минимум, функциональности максимум, правда сам незнаю его ;-)

As you can read the discussion, apparently you do understand English. :-)

sin777

sin777
  • Частый гость
  • 52 сообщений
То: Котик вот именно читать могу, даже книги читаю, а вот говорить неумею:-)

Молот Ведьм

Молот Ведьм
  • Частый гость
  • 68 сообщений
-Но как Вы вышли из самолета-то Вы помнить должны?!
-Да, да.... помнить должен.... но не помню... )))

that's why there is a difference between written & spoken english.
кульный линк Аглицкий для любознательных ну и там follow the instructions.

ЗЫ while typing the post got tired of changing the keyboard layout between KZ/RU/US Eng/UK Eng )))
типа Ваш сын дядя шарик

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

ЗЫ while typing the post got tired of changing the keyboard layout between KZ/RU/US Eng/UK Eng )))
типа Ваш сын дядя шарик

Download Punto Switcher and forget about the trouble. :-)

sin777

sin777
  • Частый гость
  • 52 сообщений
to molot im think u must understand that me didnt wont to write some mistakes in my text, i have big problems with gramma, that's all :-)

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

to molot im think u must understand that me didnt wont to write some mistakes in my text, i have big problems with gramma, that's all  ;-)

Don't worry...we all make mistakes...just try to communicate in English as much as you can :-)

sin777

sin777
  • Частый гость
  • 52 сообщений
i don't :-)

*Medusa*

*Medusa*
  • Завсегдатай
  • 107 сообщений

То: Котик вот именно читать могу, даже книги читаю, а вот говорить неумею;-)

special for you :-)

> AN EMBARRASSING ONE !!!!
> >
> >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > There was this Asian lady married to an American
> > > > gentleman and they lived
> > > > in Honolulu.The poor lady was not very proficient in
> > > > English, but managed to
> > > > communicate with her husband. The real problem arose
> > > > whenever she had to
> > > > shop for groceries. One day, she went to the butcher
> > > > and wanted to buy a leg
> > > > of mutton. She didn't know how to put forward her
> > > > request, and in
> > > > desperation, lifted up her skirt to show her thighs.
> > > > The butcher got the
> > > > message and the lady went home with mutton legs. The
> > > > next day, she needed to
> > > > get chicken breasts. Again, she didn't know how to
> > > > say, and so she
> > > > unbuttoned her blouse to show the butcher her
> > > > breast. The lady got what she
> > > > wanted. The 3rd day, the poor lady needed to buy
> > > > sausages. Unable to find a
> > > > way to communicate this, she brought her husband to
> > > > the store...
> > > > > > > (Please scroll page down.)
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > What were you thinking?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Helloooooooooo, her husband speaks English!!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Now get back to work...........

sin777

sin777
  • Частый гость
  • 52 сообщений
:-)

Молот Ведьм

Молот Ведьм
  • Частый гость
  • 68 сообщений

типа Ваш сын дядя шарик

Download Punto Switcher and forget about the trouble. :-)

unfortunally I am not allowed to. Corporate policies restrict my permissions to install anything.

who knows how many years takes english language common cource @ school? I've seen too many errors on their written english... they actually sometimes don't know how to spell Shakspeare or smth like that ))))
BTW is there any sentence's construction with Participle1 after 'to' (basically 'to' is followed by Infinitive, but I know an exception.)

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

пользователей: 0, неизвестных прохожих: 0, скрытых пользователей: 0

Размещение рекламы на сайте     Предложения о сотрудничестве     Служба поддержки пользователей

© 2011-2022 vse.kz. При любом использовании материалов Форума ссылка на vse.kz обязательна.