Kazakhstan citizens speak englishДавайте попрактикуем свой English

- - - - -

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 947

Sacr

Sacr
  • Читатель
  • 10 401 сообщений
Hey, people! Could you tell me, please, how did you your biggest experience in learning english, any event/lifestyle/job/education requrements/or just a willingness to the language?

кАМЕЛИя

кАМЕЛИя
  • Завсегдатай
  • 167 сообщений
I didn't practice my English for a long time. About 5-6 years. :spy:
And now I'm trying to say something, thanks to this theme.
Especially thanks to Shade - I had really nice time reading your topics. Most of all i liked questions about Australia. Did you realize that Americans asked most stupid questions? What do you think about it?

КАРРА

КАРРА
  • Постоялец
  • 399 сообщений

Hey, people! Could you tell me, please, how did you your biggest experience in learning english, any event/lifestyle/job/education requrements/or just a willingness to the language?

First my parents enrolled me to school No. 120 so I learned English since I was 8 (I believe), then (much later) I needed it for my job, then (some time ago) I moved to the US and now it's a part of my day to day life. Now I am trying to learn French and Spanish, because I love to travel and in some parts of the world English is not enough to get around....

The knowledge of English has opened the world for me?

КАРРА

КАРРА
  • Постоялец
  • 399 сообщений

I didn't practice my English for a long time. About 5-6 years.  :eek:
And now I'm trying to say something, thanks to this theme.
Especially thanks to Shade - I had really nice time reading your topics. Most of all i liked questions about Australia. Did you realize that Americans asked most stupid questions? What do you think about it?

Americans ask different questions, not always stupid if you think of it. Geographically they are parted from the rest of the world by two oceans and live in their own ?closed? world, they see the world through the ?US mass media? which does not really cover the world?s news (although there are certain TV channels). I always have a hard time with Americans explaining where on the map is KZ, and that Kazakhstan is not he same as Pakistan. Well, you can call it stupidity, but for the most Americans it?s not really relevant and would not change their lives. I don?t want to carry on further on this issue, I just think that it?s not always Americans? fault that they ask ?stupid? questions. Generally, I became more tolerant to people and differences between people by living in the US?

CUBANO

CUBANO
  • очередь на регистрацию
  • 704 сообщений
hey ppl here is "body language"

A construction worker on the 3rd floor of a building needs a handsaw, and
spots another man on the 1st floor. He yells down to him, but the noise
makes it impossible to hear anything, so he tries sign language.

He points at his eye meaning "I", points at his knee meaning "need", and
moves his hand back and forth in a handsaw motion. The man on the 1st floor
nods his head, pulls down his pants, and starts masturbating. The man on the
3rd floor gets so angry he runs down to the 1st floor and shouts, " What the
f*ck is wrong with
you, idiot? I said I needed a handsaw!"

The other guy says, "I knew that, I was just trying to tell you I'm coming."

mister

mister
  • В доску свой
  • 1 151 сообщений
for
during for

during - Используем когда хочу сказать о случившемся
She was in vacation during the summer

for - Используем когда речь идет о периоде времени
She was in vacation for 18 days.

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений
Wow! I like this thread...

2Mister....shouldn't it be on vacation instead of in vacation?

Сообщение отредактировал Котик Пуся: 12.07.2004, 09:12:34

ULYMUNAT

ULYMUNAT
  • Свой человек
  • 746 сообщений
Хорошо. Вот вам вопрос. Что такое dopplegangers? (амер.англ.)[/QUOTE]
Да в немецком тоже есть такое слово. Означает двойник.

ULYMUNAT

ULYMUNAT
  • Свой человек
  • 746 сообщений
I learned German since I was 7. The German language opened the world for me . Die Deutche sprache ist die groste . Ein hoch auf die Deutche sprache !!!!!

*Medusa*

*Medusa*
  • Завсегдатай
  • 107 сообщений
German was too difficult for me vis-a-vis English when I was a student. For me English opened very many interesting things.

The most funny English is South Korean English, when they pronounce instead of the letter 'f' the letter "p". And Indian English, mixing up English with their mother tongue, e.g. instead of the word 'yes' they add "acha", etc. :(

*Medusa*

*Medusa*
  • Завсегдатай
  • 107 сообщений
Has any of you spoken in English in a dream? I mean seriously.

ScarabeY

ScarabeY
  • В доску свой
  • 1 168 сообщений

you can speak about other songers

это страшнейшая граматическая ошибка :)

это мне еще в школе учитель инглиша сказала на мое "can i go out?" ответила "кажется, физических изъянов у тебя нет.... ноги, вроде, не отнялись..." :(

exactly, that's my problem too...

so, hello everybody and welcome... well, yeah, just hello ;)

i'm wondering why this thread is still in "General", not in "Флуд" :D
Probably they will move it there soon

anyway, that's good idea to practise language skills here

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

I did have dreams in English when I lived in an English-speaking country and spoke the language every day. By this moment my mind has completely switched back into Russian. I don't dream in English anymore. I am slowly forgetting what I used to know. :(

ScarabeY

ScarabeY
  • В доску свой
  • 1 168 сообщений

I never learned an English for any purposes. In the school I was learning Arabic (8 yrs was spent for nothing :)), no courses, nothing.
Only way how I advanced my level was surfing Net, reading computer docs, translating songs. And that's it
Now I am abroad
And when I came here, I realized that my level is good enough to communicate without any problems. So I don't understand people who say about impossibility to know language without going somewhere abroad (I saw discussion in "Immingration" about ways of catching foreigners in bars to speak with them :()

I did recently. Just because of "enviroment" (look above)

ScarabeY

ScarabeY
  • В доску свой
  • 1 168 сообщений

I did have dreams in English when I lived in an English-speaking country and spoke the language every day. By this moment my mind has completely switched back into Russian. I don't dream in English anymore. I am slowly forgetting what I used to know. :(

I didn't know that you've been abroad

So what country was that? (if it's not a secret, of course :))

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений
I spent a couple of years in the US. Are you in Canada now?

ScarabeY

ScarabeY
  • В доску свой
  • 1 168 сообщений
2Cubano

LOL!
But is's actually the same joke as in "American Pie"
"I'm coming!"

ScarabeY

ScarabeY
  • В доску свой
  • 1 168 сообщений

I spent a couple of years in the US. Are you in Canada now?

yep

(кр. - с. тал. :()

Сообщение отредактировал ScarabeY: 12.07.2004, 16:59:36

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

Only way how I advanced my level was surfing Net, reading computer docs, translating songs. And that's it
Now I am abroad
And when I came here, I realized that my level is good enough to communicate without any problems. So I don't understand people who say about impossibility to know language without going somewhere abroad (I saw discussion in "Immingration" about ways of catching foreigners in bars to speak with them  :()

Well, it all sort of depends on one's ability to learn forign languages. Yours must be pretty good though :), given that you could learn the language without much of training.

Котик

Котик

В доску чужой

• В доску свой
  • 2 654 сообщений

2Cubano

LOL!
But is's actually the same joke as in "American Pie"
"I'm coming!"

Yeah I laughed my a%% off when I watched that movie. :( I remember... Kevin was giving her a head :D and she said she was coming when her dad asked her to come downstairs for a dinner or whatever. :)

They couldn't translate the joke into Russian, so what she said at that moment in the Russian version didnt make sense. ;)

Сообщение отредактировал Котик Пуся: 12.07.2004, 17:06:34

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

пользователей: 0, неизвестных прохожих: 0, скрытых пользователей: 0

Размещение рекламы на сайте     Предложения о сотрудничестве     Служба поддержки пользователей

© 2011-2022 vse.kz. При любом использовании материалов Форума ссылка на vse.kz обязательна.