Фотография

English club

• Закрытая тема Тема закрыта
Сообщений в теме: 1509

Nastaska

Nastaska
  • В доску свой
  • 1 795 сообщений

i'm judging it by the previous posts of yours darling.

who do you think you are to judge? people come here to chat, not to judge each other's language skills...

seismic

seismic

Свинья в апельсинах

• В доску свой
  • 7 636 сообщений

1)2 Seismic. U either saw it or watched it? ))) Saw it, like u were actually at the debates itself in the front rows?
2)Seismic u can watch all the tv shows and read the whole congress library but u will not speak and write as a ordinary american, i'm judging it by the previous posts of yours darling.

1) I'd better trust my American bosses who prefer people to say "see" instead of "watch" while they are talking about movie or documentary, or news report. They have journalistic and cultural background...as for your background, OMFG, I couldn't care less.

2) No need to metion, I never said I spoke or wrote as ordinary American. I am bot ordinary American. I am not even ordinary Russian, period.

And thank you, Nastaska!

Сообщение отредактировал seismic: 24.10.2008, 17:00:25

Michael Madsen

Michael Madsen

Читатель

• В доску свой
  • 1 995 сообщений
2 Seismic/ Either way they are synonyms. I was just playing wit ya.
Btw what kind of job u got? sounds nice with all those american Bosses, very nice. I bet u half american already? wanna leave as soon as possible? am i right? no offence,

mrpumpkin

mrpumpkin
  • В доску свой
  • 12 124 сообщений

1) I'd better trust my American bosses who prefer people to say "see" instead of "watch" while they are talking about movie or documentary, or news report. They have journalistic and cultural background...as for your background, OMFG, I couldn't care less.

How come, you think it's correct to use "see" instead of "watch" while talking about TV shows? :eek:
And again I don't believe your ability to read english books as well as russian ones. :) My advice : don't read books for children :D , read serios books like "Pale fire" of Nabokov and you 'll understand how poor is your ability to grasp serious consepts in english. :D Just be honest to yourself, don't exaggerate.

Сообщение отредактировал mrpumpkin: 24.10.2008, 20:32:48

mrpumpkin

mrpumpkin
  • В доску свой
  • 12 124 сообщений

Btw what kind of job u got? sounds nice with all those american Bosses, very nice. I bet u half american already? wanna leave as soon as possible? am i right? no offence,

Michael, these sentences of yours above have nothing really american. I don't see any specific words, they' all just about writing phonetically. Ya (you), u (you), btw (by the way), wanna (want to). It's just pronunciation, my friend. :D
Я мог бы написать "пацталом" или "под столом", "кроссаффчег" или красавчик. Все эти графические выкрутасы- для детей.Я и сам могу побаловаться, вот только мой русский не делается от этого круче. Риальный русский,милять. :)

seismic

seismic

Свинья в апельсинах

• В доску свой
  • 7 636 сообщений

The one and the only place I could live (besides my lovely Astana :) ) is Barcelona. But my Spanish is not good enough :D .

mrpumpkin

mrpumpkin
  • В доску свой
  • 12 124 сообщений
what r u doing in almaty then? if you can live only in Astana and Barcelona? :)

seismic

seismic

Свинья в апельсинах

• В доску свой
  • 7 636 сообщений

How come, you think it's correct to use "see" instead of "watch" while talking about TV shows? :D
And again I don't believe your ability to read english books as well as russian ones. :D My advice : don't read books for children :eek: , read serios books like "Pale fire" of Nabokov and you 'll understand how poor is your ability to grasp serious consepts in english. :p Just be honest to yourself, don't exaggerate.

Do you really like Nabokov or you are just showing off, trying to to look more intelligent than you really are?

Nabokov is dull, dull and dull again - he is all yours! My choice is Salman Rushdie. Or Joe Klein.

You are so funny!

I beg you pardon?

Sinaya

Sinaya

ВОЗМОЖНО ВСЁ

• В доску свой
  • 10 114 сообщений

I beg you pardon?

Seismic, in your status is written Almaty/ I think that is the reason of misunderstanding.

mrpumpkin

mrpumpkin
  • В доску свой
  • 12 124 сообщений

Do you really like Nabokov or you are just showing off, trying to to look more intelligent than you really are?

Nabokov is dull, dull and dull again - he is all yours! My choice is Salman Rushdie. Or Joe Klein.

You are so funny!

Yes, I like Nabokov. If you think that it's funny to like Nabokov then you better go to psychiatrist. :)

seismic

seismic

Свинья в апельсинах

• В доску свой
  • 7 636 сообщений

I beg you pardon?

Seismic, in your status is written Almaty/ I think that is the reason of misunderstanding.

Really? Thank you, dear! There is some truth in this status - I am from Almaty. I just don't live there anymore. But thank you again, I'll edit my profile.

Michael Madsen

Michael Madsen

Читатель

• В доску свой
  • 1 995 сообщений
2 Seismic.
Hi, i have noticed that u r planning a trip to US so i presumed that u must be proamericanist and wannna stay there. But why Barca? Spanish is a very easy language. Astana is a nice place too.
2 Mr/ Pumpkin. So u wanna say that u read and understand the literature in english language as in russian is that what u wanted to say? try to speak it's more harder.

seismic

seismic

Свинья в апельсинах

• В доску свой
  • 7 636 сообщений

2 Seismic.
Hi, i have noticed that u r planning a trip to US so i presumed that u must be proamericanist and wannna stay there. But why Barca? Spanish is a very easy language. Astana is a nice place too.
2 Mr/ Pumpkin. So u wanna say that u read and understand the literature in english language as in russian is that what u wanted to say? try to speak it's more harder.

My friends have just invited me to spend my Thanksgiving holidays with them, that's it :) .

As for you second question, I think it was me who said I can easily read and understand literature in English. I worked hard to get this feeling (or this skill) but now it is not difficult at all. This how I feel - I am a reading person. I cannot skate or do maths, or sing but it does not mean other people cannot do it. So, if reading in foreign language is a real challenge for somebody it does not mean it is challenging for me. We all are so different :D .

Michael Madsen

Michael Madsen

Читатель

• В доску свой
  • 1 995 сообщений
2 Seismic. Everybody reading well in english, sometimes better that in russian, but the key issue is learn how to speak and spell and pronounce word like american, that is a problem for most of the folks.

Dudya

Dudya
  • Постоялец
  • 370 сообщений

2Nastaska:
If you want to understand why seismic go out of place just read last 2 pages. I hope you will understand.

About law of identity:
If you talk about subject A you mustn't mix another subject B.
We talked about what dream is, now we are talking about possibility of dream. We haven't disclosed one theme and jump to another. And it's never-ending talk without results.

then i guess you misunderstand something also - the last topic offered by Sinaya was "what is the car of your dream". while starting with your answer to her we discuss "what dreams are about"... pretty strange for me... i guess i am out of place again :)

I just wanted to know your definitions of "dream". Because i can't understand how man can dream about cars, watches, radio cassete players and etc.
And you are out of place again :smoke:

Dudya

Dudya
  • Постоялец
  • 370 сообщений

2 Seismic. Everybody reading well in english, sometimes better that in russian, but the key issue is learn how to speak and spell and pronounce word like american, that is a problem for most of the folks.

2Michael:
It's not important how you talk, with accent or without accent. Main idea of each language is bring your thought for human.
And i think Seismic knows english enough to express her thoughts on english. :smoke:

Nastaska

Nastaska
  • В доску свой
  • 1 795 сообщений

I just wanted to know your definitions of "dream". Because i can't understand how man can dream about cars, watches, radio cassete players and etc.
And you are out of place again :smoke:

well, you say that people cannot dream about something material and reachable. then what should we dream about? world peace?:)

Nastaska

Nastaska
  • В доску свой
  • 1 795 сообщений

the key issue is learn how to speak and spell and pronounce word like american, that is a problem for most of the folks.

i'm not seismic, but it is funny that you say "like american" - there are thousands of americans and they all speak differently! accents differ from state to state, from person to person. thus, i don't understand how can you learn to pronounce word "like american"...

NHFashionSpot

NHFashionSpot
  • Постоялец
  • 435 сообщений

Once I had heard my colleague from Russia said: "I read books in English as easily as I do in Russian - it doesn't matter which language the book ik is written in." That moment I swore that I would be able to say the same some day later. This dream has come true and it didn't cost me much :-) .

Very brave remark. I think it is impossible. You will never improve your second language skill to the level of your MOTHER tongue. :-/

If so, how come so many people in Kazakhstan are absolutely fluent in both Russian and Kazakh?

mrpumpkin

mrpumpkin
  • В доску свой
  • 12 124 сообщений

2 Mr/ Pumpkin. try to speak it's more harder.

It's not harder it's different skill. You shouldn't advise me how to speak american english cause I've worked in american school here (AIS) for 2 years teaching children from different countries including USA, Britain, Korea etc. :laugh:

Сообщение отредактировал mrpumpkin: 29.10.2008, 22:00:28

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 1

пользователей: 0, неизвестных прохожих: 1, скрытых пользователей: 0

Размещение рекламы на сайте     Предложения о сотрудничестве     Служба поддержки пользователей

© 2011-2022 vse.kz. При любом использовании материалов Форума ссылка на vse.kz обязательна.