• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 947

xerurg

xerurg
  • Завсегдатай
  • 114 сообщений
Web_Surfer
eat one?s cake and have it too

Использовать или тратить что-то, и при этом хотеть сохранить первоначальное количество этого чего-то.

Например:

Jeez, the motherfucker's so greedy, he doesn't want to spend a penny. He always wants to eat his cake and have it too.

:D

asselkin

asselkin
  • Завсегдатай
  • 157 сообщений
DRIVING RECESS - what is this?

xerurg

xerurg
  • Завсегдатай
  • 114 сообщений
asselkin

driving recess - это форма углубления в головке шурупа. Основные виды: Flat, Phillips, Hexagonal...

Netrix

Netrix
  • В доску свой
  • 1 772 сообщений
Разговор свернул в технику...
What about other things?
Where did you study English?
How long have you been studying it?

Sinoptic

Sinoptic
  • Завсегдатай
  • 220 сообщений
My English skills are not so good as yours
I'm out of practice.
Is it attractive to discuss subjects like word translations or schools?
Let's speak about beer or parties. :D
My favorite beer is "Baltika 7". I can drink a lot of that stuff.

КАРРА

КАРРА
  • Постоялец
  • 399 сообщений

asselkin
KAPPA

Всё верно, только "The whole nine yards"  :lol:

I am glad someone is watching. Must be professional, uh?

КАРРА

КАРРА
  • Постоялец
  • 399 сообщений

Web_Surfer
eat one?s cake and have it too

Использовать или тратить что-то, и при этом хотеть сохранить первоначальное количество этого чего-то. 

Например:

Jeez, the motherfucker's so greedy, he doesn't want to spend a penny.  He always wants to eat his cake and have it too.

:lol:

Wow, xerung is the real idioms guru now. Interesting, I often hear this phrase used incorrectly (even by Americans) ? ?have one?s cake and eat it too?, which may sound the same, but changes the meaning completely?.

Акскл

Акскл

Читатель

• Свой человек
  • 824 сообщений
Read about our ancestors:

http://www.uglychine...g/mongolian.htm

xerurg

xerurg
  • Завсегдатай
  • 114 сообщений
>I am glad someone is watching. Must be professional, uh?
Nope, maam, just a humble amateur :D

Wow, xerung is the real idioms guru now.  Interesting,  I often hear this phrase used incorrectly (even by Americans) ? ?have one?s cake and eat it too?, which may sound the same, but changes the meaning completely?.

What was striking me the most while in the US, was how many pathetic lousy writers there were. I actually saw students spelling "could of" instead of "could've". Freakin farm boys... :lol:

Акскл

Акскл

Читатель

• Свой человек
  • 824 сообщений
http://www.asiansexg...sia01news38.htm

Early Russian sexual traditions

By Evgeny Kamyshev

...I will take a risk to say that the source of the strange relations between a man and his mother-in-law should be sought in the 16th century. In that epoch parents wanted their daughters to get married as early as possible, at 12 - 13 years of age. On the first night after the wedding, the mother-in-law went to bed with her daughter??s husband to safeguard their girl from a lethal outcome. Then the lady continued sharing the bed with her son-in-law for 2-3 years.
:lol:

Satan's feast
In the end of 16th century ethnographer Nikolai Galkovsky was the first to publish a paper on fornication in Russia. He believes, sexuality reached its peak in Russia in 16th century.

Sexual intercourses took place not only in taverns, but also on the streets. Most of sex was made in bath houses which were not separated, but common for men and women. Weddings were celebrated for 2-3 days, and on the second day no sober person could be found, and few guests had no sex with 2-3 persons of opposite sex.

Rich people went even further. Their weddings lasted for a week. ...

:D

Акскл

Акскл

Читатель

• Свой человек
  • 824 сообщений
Diggers Find Genghis Khan's Mausoleum

Genghis Khan, who was a Mongol or Kazakh, conquered most of Asia and Eastern Europe in the early 13th century.

http://www.wixt.com/...99-BB3A57975C26

DEBATING GENGHIS KHAN

Controversy over the ethnic origin of the great commander

Erbol ZHUMAGULOV

http://www.inauka.ru...ticle36435.html

http://www.inauka.ru...435.html/forum/

Сообщение отредактировал Акскл: 11.11.2004, 11:11:27

Акскл

Акскл

Читатель

• Свой человек
  • 824 сообщений
Kazakstan's history (short):

http://www.settlemen...stan/alook.html

Info and links about Kazakstan

http://kazakhadoptiv...kazakhstan.html

Сообщение отредактировал Акскл: 11.11.2004, 11:25:48

asselkin

asselkin
  • Завсегдатай
  • 157 сообщений
up-s-s-s

unfortunate misprint

asselkin

asselkin
  • Завсегдатай
  • 157 сообщений

asselkin
KAPPA

Ups-s-s-s
unfortunate misprint

asselkin

asselkin
  • Завсегдатай
  • 157 сообщений

asselkin
KAPPA

NO i'm not a professional. I just work with english speaking expats so i have to speak English.

КАРРА

КАРРА
  • Постоялец
  • 399 сообщений

asselkin
KAPPA

NO i'm not a professional. I just work with english speaking expats so i have to speak English.

Actually my comment was addressed to xerurg (and s/he got it)? Well, I have to speak English too ? every freaking day?

КАРРА

КАРРА
  • Постоялец
  • 399 сообщений

up-s-s-s

Did you wanna say ?ooops??

zavuch

zavuch

ЗАВеду У Чащу )

• В доску свой
  • 2 063 сообщений
Кстати и в тему о прошедших выборах в США - нарыл где-то в своих старых записях, зацените:
"
I wish at this point to categorically deny that there is any substance to the baseless allegations being made at this time concerning my supposed involvement with persons who I cannot name because the matter is currently before the courts and we will all know the answer in good time. Thank you for taking advantage of my well known dedication to democratic government and consumer participation in the deceision making process which as we all know is particulary vital at this juncture in time.
"

drugaya

drugaya
  • Частый гость
  • 84 сообщений

my supposed involvement with persons who I cannot name because the matter is currently before the courts and we will all know the answer in good time.

гыгы, умора, звучит прям как He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named ... вся жизнь какой то сплошной "гарри поттер"

кстати о птичках, преклоняюсь перед переводами Маши Спивак, вот уж точно мастер слова ! я тут вычитала что она вообще математик ;-)

MG-42

MG-42

Центральный Спортивный Клуб Армии

• В доску свой
  • 7 263 сообщений
Howdy, people. Who is keen in taking an active part discussing Scottish English? Apparently, the difference b/w Scottish and British isn't that evident when Scot speaks to Brit, however, once two Scotts do come into contact - they start murmuring some weird and odd phrases and words that could be hardly understandable or even not comprehensable at all by other non-Scotts.

Сообщение отредактировал MG-42: 30.11.2004, 10:32:56

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

пользователей: 0, неизвестных прохожих: 0, скрытых пользователей: 0

Размещение рекламы на сайте     Предложения о сотрудничестве     Служба поддержки пользователей

© 2011-2022 vse.kz. При любом использовании материалов Форума ссылка на vse.kz обязательна.